Sunday 14 June 2015

Mixed Media Art Lesson with my grade five students

It has been an awesome year teaching a class of rambunctious grade five students. I had a wonderful classroom with great students that listened to instruction (for the most part). I have been teaching the students how to shade, draw, and select appropriate colors as part of a mixed media lesson I created. 

The lesson is available for purchase at a small fee on my teachers pay teachers shop: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Mixed-Media-Art-Lesson-Pencil-Drawing-Over-Watercolour-Painting-927513

Another way to find my shop on TPT is by searching: Easy as ABC Teaching Common Core 


You can use paint for the lesson as the lesson plan suggests, but you can also have the students use pencil crayons. I opted for using pencil crayons with this lesson to avoid a lot of the clean up that goes with lessons involving paint. Pencil crayon is just fine if you don't have a lot of time for clean up! If you opt for having the students use pencil crayons, you can have them draw over their artworks with a fine tipped black marker or they can do an overdrawing pressing hard with a black pencil crayon- both look great!

I'm so proud of all my students for their wonderful work- they all worked very hard on their artworks! 

Student Artwork







No comments:

Post a Comment